Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Winthrop MA
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Winthrop climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Winthrop homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the Massachusetts solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Winthrop to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Winthrop are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Winthrop are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Suffolk
How to Install Solar Panels
Solar panels installation has become very popular these days. This is not in vain! There are so many good reasons to install solar cells at home. In this article you will find out the top 3 reasons to use solar energy at home and in the office.
Solar Panels Installation: Top 3 Reasons To Install Solar Cells
1. You Save Money on Energy Bills.
If you use solar system at your home, it will make an enormous difference. How? You will be able to reduce your energy bills at least 50 percent.
One important moment! If you hardly get sunshine at your location, using solar cells would not be smart. As you know, this system needs sunlight on a regular basis in order to normally function.
The above mentioned are only a few reasons for solar panels installation. Once you install solar cell at your home you will see even much more benefits.
Cost of Solar Panels
So do you want to know about the best solar panels?
I understand that a lot of people when it comes to purchasing a product they want to buy the best available on the market. It is the same thing for solar systems; people always want to buy the best solar panels available.
However, the photovoltaic industry is very large, and there are so many producers to choose from. Of course in any industry there are always top 5 and even top 10 manufacturers all the people consider their products when buying.
However, you can buy a solar system that does not have all these things, but still it can be the best one for you depending on your needs.
Here is something extra for those who want to know about the big names....
- Number 1 in the world is SunPower.
- Number 2 is Schott Solar
- Number 3 is SolarWorld
Warning: If you want to have a cheap and effective solar system than the best one you will ever get is the one you make yourself!