Solar Power Installation Suffolk – Is It Worth the Cost?
Climate change and rising energy prices have a lot of people rethinking how to power their homes. But if you’ve ever gotten a quote from a solar power installer you know that a system designed especially for your building can be costly.
Some questions we want to cover in this post are:
- What are the benefits of home solar installation?
- Do the benefits of solar panel installation outweigh the outlay?
- Where can I find out more about having a solar installation Suffolk?
What Are The Benefits Of Installing Solar Panels?
- Lower electric bills. Once you get your solar system installed, you will be able to supply the majority of your electrical needs from the sun, a free renewable resource. Depending on your current cost of electric power, and the future increases in the cost of that power, most people will regain their initial investment in anywhere from 12-25 years.
- Solar Power is clean. The power of the sun is carbon neutral and does not pollute the air nor the water while generating your electrical power. Solar Power does not cause radioactive fallout, nor cancer, nor genetic mutations. Every home taken off the grid and powered with solar energy helps reverse the effects of climate change, and helps to ensure a clean and green planet for our grandchildren.
- Battery Backups insulate you from Electric Grid Outages. If you opt for at least some battery storage, you will still have power if the grid goes out. This could save a bundle on freezer food alone! It will also ensure that your furnace will continue to run if it requires electricity to regulate it.
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels increase your Property Value. If you decide to sell your property you will find that your solar panel system will make your home much more attractive and valuable to prospective buyers, resulting in a quicker and more profitable sale.
Do the benefits outweigh the outlay?
In the list above I have outlined just some of the benefits of having solar panes installed in your Suffolk home to enable you to have at least some knowledge of the benefits to put against the cost. Thanks to the government schemes to make solar power more accessible, the solar panel system is becoming an increasingly attractive solution for homeowners as well as potential buyers who see it as a good investment for lower utility bills. So why not invest today and secure the future of your home, family and the wider planet for years to come!
Where can I find out more about solar installation Suffolk?
To find out more about solar companies Suffolk you can complete our enquiry form or visit one of our pages below
- Benefits Of Solar Panels Boston
- Average Cost Of Solar Panels In Suffolk MA
- Cost Of Installing Solar Panels Winthrop MA
Cost of Solar Panels
If you want to purchase solar panels in order to cut your electricity bills down, then you are in for a big surprise. Although solar energy technology is widely used, the cost of solar panels has not come down. This is primarily because the technology is moving so fast. The solar cells used just five years ago are not longer effective enough to warrant their manufacture.
Why Consider Panels
While it extremely expensive to invest in solar energy, the long term benefits are not just financial. The cost of running a home increases year on year. Just the cost of running water and electricity is eating into the money that used to be used for personal enjoyment. These increases are not going to end and we can see a future already where reliance on fossil fuel is going to result in everyone having to pay more than they can afford.
How Long Can Off Grid Power Last
Any well built solar system will ensure that you continue to have power, even when outages occur, for up to several days even when you don't have much sunlight. Storage for such an off the grid system is in batteries and ensures you have power through even the worst weather.
Besides the obvious returns from the free energy generated, solar panels are also becoming profitable additions to any home increasing the value of the home should you wish to sell on.
How to Choose the Best Solar Panel Company
Solar power energy is becoming more and more popular due its ability to generate electricity to your home with no monthly cost. Strategically positioned on your property, a solar panel company will ensure that the panel absorbs the rays from the sun and provides energy 24 hours a day.
The generation of solar panel energy can be translated to costs associated with your electric bill. If your panel generates 75% of the electricity required, your monthly expense for your electricity will be equally reduced.
On a long term basis, your solar panel will create added value to your home as a fixed asset. If you decide to sell your home, your investment in a solar panel should garner a handsome return.
There are incentives from state and federal government programs that you can take advantage of to help finance the cost of your solar panel. Ask what kind of incentives are available in your area, a knowledgeable contractor will be up-to-date on this information.
Ask about warranties and inquire about the best manufacturers - not all solar panels are created alike and neither are manufacturers. You want to ensure you're protecting your investment by using a top manufacturer and receive a warranty on not only the panels but also on the installation and workmanship.
Return to our home page for more information on Massachusetts Solar