Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Plymouth
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Plymouth climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Plymouth homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the California solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Plymouth to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Masachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Plymouth are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Plymouth are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Plymouth
Solar Panel Installation
For people who are searching for the best solar panels around, there is in fact an array of leading manufacturers like SunPower who produce these environment-friendly panels. When one is on the lookout for solar panels, there are plenty of choices that a person would need to decide on and that includes the type of panel that one would prefer.
There are actually two major kinds of solar panels namely the traditional photovoltaic panel and second type is the thin film panel. When people hear the terms solar power, they would immediately think of PV panels or photovoltaic panels. These are the panels that could be mounted on posts either on the roof or on the ground. These are more often than not fairly large, a bit bulky, and can even be considered as somewhat unsightly.
Simply put, the best solar panels are actually those panels that are really effective yet affordable. Generating solar energy from solar panels might appear too high-priced initially, but one should also realize that when calculated, the typical system would pay for itself in 5 years. Within those 5 years, a household would have gotten free energy from the sun and undoubtedly, it would also save a lot of money for one's family. Aside from financial savings that people would get from it, the best solar panels are truly better for the environment, the earth, as well as for all the people living in this planet.
Best Solar Panels - Save With Solar Power Electricity
Overview of costs today
Photovoltaic solar panels have come a long way since their first inception in the 1970s. With crystalline panels reaching their theoretical limit of 30% efficiency in labs and the emergence of thin film panels, manufacturers are now looking for ways to reduce manufacturing costs of panels to give consumers the most bang for the buck. Over the past decade, great strides have been made in reducing the prices of solar panels and photovoltaic systems in order to make them affordable to residential users.
With manufacturers finding innovative ways to give consumers more watts per dollar and installers finding better methods of installing panels, the costs to the end user should keep going downward. With more Americans tying to the grid and economies of scale coming into effect along with greater incentives in the future, the cost of solar panels is expected to continue to decline.