Solar Power Installation Hampden – Is It Worth the Cost?
Climate change and rising energy prices have a lot of people rethinking how to power their homes. But if you’ve ever gotten a quote from a solar power installer you know that a system designed especially for your building can be costly.
Some questions we want to cover in this post are:
- What are the benefits of home solar installation?
- Do the benefits of solar panel installation outweigh the outlay?
- Where can I find out more about having a solar installation Hampden?
What Are The Benefits Of Installing Solar Panels?
- Lower electric bills. Once you get your solar system installed, you will be able to supply the majority of your electrical needs from the sun, a free renewable resource. Depending on your current cost of electric power, and the future increases in the cost of that power, most people will regain their initial investment in anywhere from 12-25 years.
- Solar Power is clean. The power of the sun is carbon neutral and does not pollute the air nor the water while generating your electrical power. Solar Power does not cause radioactive fallout, nor cancer, nor genetic mutations. Every home taken off the grid and powered with solar energy helps reverse the effects of climate change, and helps to ensure a clean and green planet for our grandchildren.
- Battery Backups insulate you from Electric Grid Outages. If you opt for at least some battery storage, you will still have power if the grid goes out. This could save a bundle on freezer food alone! It will also ensure that your furnace will continue to run if it requires electricity to regulate it.
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels increase your Property Value. If you decide to sell your property you will find that your solar panel system will make your home much more attractive and valuable to prospective buyers, resulting in a quicker and more profitable sale.
Do the benefits outweigh the outlay?
In the list above I have outlined just some of the benefits of having solar panes installed in your Hampden home to enable you to have at least some knowledge of the benefits to put against the cost. Thanks to the government schemes to make solar power more accessible, the solar panel system is becoming an increasingly attractive solution for homeowners as well as potential buyers who see it as a good investment for lower utility bills. So why not invest today and secure the future of your home, family and the wider planet for years to come!
Where can I find out more about solar installation Hampden?
To find out more about solar companies Hampden you can complete our enquiry form or visit one of our pages below
The Truth About Solar Panel Costs
Overview of costs today
Photovoltaic solar panels have come a long way since their first inception in the 1970s. With crystalline panels reaching their theoretical limit of 30% efficiency in labs and the emergence of thin film panels, manufacturers are now looking for ways to reduce manufacturing costs of panels to give consumers the most bang for the buck. Over the past decade, great strides have been made in reducing the prices of solar panels and photovoltaic systems in order to make them affordable to residential users.
With manufacturers finding innovative ways to give consumers more watts per dollar and installers finding better methods of installing panels, the costs to the end user should keep going downward. With more Americans tying to the grid and economies of scale coming into effect along with greater incentives in the future, the cost of solar panels is expected to continue to decline.
The Process of Solar Panel Installation
Considering solar to power your home? Want to know how much it will really costs? Depending on your plans and goals, there are different types of solar system, with differing costs.
• Water heating solar systems are the least expensive.
• Air heating solar panels are mid-range in cost.
• Photovoltaic solar panels for electricity are the most expensive type.
To compare, a solar item could be used to generate the energy needed to power a water heater for a small apartment. The estimated cost for these solar systems would be $100 to $3,500. To heat water for a larger townhouse with a swimming pool, the cost would be from $3,500 to $7,000. And for a detached, full sized home, about 2500 square feet, the cost would be from $7,000 $10,000.
There are other financial considerations when planning your system. Depending upon where you live, you may be eligible for tax credits or even rebates. You will have lower utility bills. And if your solar system generates more energy than you consume, you may be able to sell the access to your local utility company. And while the solar power industry is still relatively young, there are used solar panels available at lower costs.
Return to our home page for more information on Massachusetts Solar