Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Essex
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Essex climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Essex homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the California solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Essex to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Masachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Essex are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Essex are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Essex
Your Guide to Solar Panel Installation
For many years we have relied on fossil fuels. In response to increasing demand, rising cost and decreasing supply it's time we say so long to electricity bills and hello to renewable energy resources.
Solar power is one of the most reliable renewable energy sources available. When researching solar power options many people find professionally installed systems to be cost prohibitive. It could potentially take more than 10 years to receive any return on their investment in addition to being out of their budget.
You will find many other choices so don't lose hope. Some of the best solar panels are the ones that you are able to assemble yourself. Harnessing the power of the sun in this way is the most cost-effective.
Building your own solar electricity system will give you a real sense of pride. You are doing your part for the environment as well as saving money on your monthly electricity bill. Your accomplishment will impact your community and the rest of the world. With your new expertise don't be taken aback if your neighbors start asking for advice!
Having a professional solar power system installed can cost thousands of dollars. In the current economy this high cost is a huge barrier. Making the decision to build your own panels is one you can take pride in. For years to come you will enjoy savings and freedom from monthly electric bills.
The Truth About Solar Panel Costs
These days there are a lot of people hopping on the "green" bandwagon, looking for ways to reduce their impact on the environment. Solar energy, being one of the cleanest ways to power electrical devices, is quickly gaining popularity as the cost of solar technology continues to drop.
Indeed, solar energy is a great way to save on your energy costs and do your part to save the environment. However, if you are considering solar power as an option for powering your home, eventually you will need to make the initial investment of buying solar panels and having them installed on or near your house.
D.I.Y. vs. Professional Help
While much of the work involved in installation can be done by the average homeowner, some parts of the process are more complicated and often require that you seek the help of an expert. It is important to know the dangers involved in solar panel installation, and to know when you are outside your area of expertise.
It is even more important, unless you are a certified electrician, that once you get your panels mounted you seek a professional to help with the electrical work involved in installation. Solar panels are capable of producing a current strong enough to power your house-this is also strong enough to seriously injure or kill you if you don't know what you are doing.