Solar Power Installation Essex – Is It Worth the Cost?
Climate change and rising energy prices have a lot of people rethinking how to power their homes. But if you’ve ever gotten a quote from a solar power installer you know that a system designed especially for your building can be costly.
Some questions we want to cover in this post are:
- What are the benefits of home solar installation?
- Do the benefits of solar panel installation outweigh the outlay?
- Where can I find out more about having a solar installation Essex?
What Are The Benefits Of Installing Solar Panels?
- Lower electric bills. Once you get your solar system installed, you will be able to supply the majority of your electrical needs from the sun, a free renewable resource. Depending on your current cost of electric power, and the future increases in the cost of that power, most people will regain their initial investment in anywhere from 12-25 years.
- Solar Power is clean. The power of the sun is carbon neutral and does not pollute the air nor the water while generating your electrical power. Solar Power does not cause radioactive fallout, nor cancer, nor genetic mutations. Every home taken off the grid and powered with solar energy helps reverse the effects of climate change, and helps to ensure a clean and green planet for our grandchildren.
- Battery Backups insulate you from Electric Grid Outages. If you opt for at least some battery storage, you will still have power if the grid goes out. This could save a bundle on freezer food alone! It will also ensure that your furnace will continue to run if it requires electricity to regulate it.
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels increase your Property Value. If you decide to sell your property you will find that your solar panel system will make your home much more attractive and valuable to prospective buyers, resulting in a quicker and more profitable sale.
Do the benefits outweigh the outlay?
In the list above I have outlined just some of the benefits of having solar panes installed in your Essex home to enable you to have at least some knowledge of the benefits to put against the cost. Thanks to the government schemes to make solar power more accessible, the solar panel system is becoming an increasingly attractive solution for homeowners as well as potential buyers who see it as a good investment for lower utility bills. So why not invest today and secure the future of your home, family and the wider planet for years to come!
Where can I find out more about solar installation Essex?
To find out more about solar companies Essex you can complete our enquiry form or visit one of our pages below
The Process of Solar Panel Installation
If you are planning the purchase of a complete solar panel system or if you are shopping for parts to assemble your own solar panels you want to make sure to purchase the best solar panels for your individual purpose. This article puts up some basic information on solar panels to help you make the right decision.
One thing right at the beginning, there is nothing like "the world's best solar panels for everyone." It makes a big difference whether you want to generate electricity for your home and even feed surplus capacity in the power grid or if you want to charge a car battery now and then. And producing hot water from a solar installation needs actually a complete different technology. In narrower sense those so called "thermal solar collectors" or "solar collectors" are not even proper solar panels. So what's the difference?
Solar panels (photovoltaic panels, photovoltaic modules) convert shortwave radiation, e.g. parts of the sunlight, into electrical power. They consist of interconnected solar cells which are protected by a range of different materials. The surface is transparent and the solar panel is framed, mostly in an aluminum frame.
Solar collectors on the other hand, are a system of liquid filled tubes. Sunlight heats up the tubes and the liquid. A heat exchanger now transfers the heat to the facility water circuit for warm water and heating. Since this article discusses "best solar panels" let's get back to generating electricity out of sunlight and save solar collectors for another article.
Before you purchase solar panels make sure you take a close look at the Solar Panel Specification Sheet. It gives you vital details of the particular solar module and helps you choose the best solar panels for your purpose. You may want to look especially at the following data:
In the following I have listed some manufacturers of solar panels, that made it into the Top 3 of ENF's 2007 brand survey on the world's best solar panels. ENF is a reputable photovoltaic information company located in China and in the U.K.
The survey gives you a good starting point to find the right panel for you. Please keep in mind that 2 years can be a long time in hightech business so do not rely blindly on the results. For actual info check my blog from time to time (see below). Here are the ENF results:
Best Solar Panels
Global No.1 Brand: SunPower (USA)
Global No.2 Brand: Schott Solar (Germany)
Global No.3 Brand: Solar World (Germany)
No.1 Product Quality: Sanyo (Japan)
No.1 VAlue for Money: Suntech Power (China)
Best Solar Panel Inverters
Global No.1 Brand: Kaco new energy (Germany)
Global No.2 Brand: OutBack Power Systems (USA)
Global No.3 Brand: Mastervolt (the Netherlands)
No.1 Product Quality: OutBack Power Systems (USA)
No.1 Value for Money: Kaco new energy (Germany)
Best Solar Panel Mounting Systems
Global No.1 Brand: Direct Power & Water (USA)
Global No.2 Brand: UniRac (USA)
Global No.3 Brand: Schüco (Germany)
Best Solar Trackers
Global No.1 Brand: Zomeworks (USA)
Best Solar Systems
Global No.1 Brand: Sharp (Japan)
Solar Panel Costs - Building Vs Buying
These days there are a lot of people hopping on the "green" bandwagon, looking for ways to reduce their impact on the environment. Solar energy, being one of the cleanest ways to power electrical devices, is quickly gaining popularity as the cost of solar technology continues to drop.
Indeed, solar energy is a great way to save on your energy costs and do your part to save the environment. However, if you are considering solar power as an option for powering your home, eventually you will need to make the initial investment of buying solar panels and having them installed on or near your house.
D.I.Y. vs. Professional Help
While much of the work involved in installation can be done by the average homeowner, some parts of the process are more complicated and often require that you seek the help of an expert. It is important to know the dangers involved in solar panel installation, and to know when you are outside your area of expertise.
It is even more important, unless you are a certified electrician, that once you get your panels mounted you seek a professional to help with the electrical work involved in installation. Solar panels are capable of producing a current strong enough to power your house-this is also strong enough to seriously injure or kill you if you don't know what you are doing.
Return to our home page for more information on Massachusetts Solar