Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Quincy
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Quincy climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Quincy homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the California solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Quincy to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Masachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Quincy are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Quincy are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Norfolk
The Cost of Building Solar Panels
The changing times of the modern world has brought about an increased consumption for electricity and different kinds of available fuel. There are different types of electronic gadgets and increased standards of lifestyle equipments that have also put a strain on the supply of electric power sources.
There are countries of the world that are fighting a steady growth of population, which in turn, is also leading to increased power consumption. These are putting excessive stress on the supplies of electric power production as well.
Over the years, there have been several other forms of energy discovered as potential sources for the future. These are termed as renewable energy sources.
Some of the popular forms of renewable energy sources are solar energy that is derived from the strong rays of the Sun, wind power, hydroelectric power from waterfalls and tides among several other sources.
A solar training program not only equips you with all related theory and practical knowledge for the use of solar energy derivation but also gives you training on its maintenance and upkeep. This is a technical setup and proper maintenance will be necessary for a healthy and steady source of power each day.
In a world where demands are slowly increasing every day there is a need for a source of power supply that is dependable and abundant as well. More and more improved techniques of using solar energy will go a long way to ensure a better future.
The Cost of Solar Panels - Are Solar Panels Really That Expensive?
The costs to purchase solar panels can be quite enormous, and with installation fees added on top of that, many people simply cannot justify the upfront price, and because of this they are hesitant to make the switch, While it is a serious investment, installing solar panels can save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month not only in your home electricity bills, but some others that you may not realize, as well.
As the price of everyday necessities such as food, electricity, gas and running water, you need to save money where you can. This is another obstacle for many homeowners who are considering installing a solar panel system; Because solar panels generate electricity from the sun, once they are installed they start creating usable power for your household immediately. This will lower your electric bill instantly, and maybe even eliminate the bill altogether. Some even generate so much electricity from their solar panels setups that the electric company pays them every month!
I'm sure you can already see how having a solar panel installed on the roof of your home can save you big money in the long run. You'll be considered an innovator in the neighborhood when you're the first one to implement a fully self-sustainable solar panel system, and you'll help save our environment while saving yourself some cash at the same time.