Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Somerville
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Somerville climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Somerville homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the California solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Somerville to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Masachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Somerville are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Somerville are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Middlesex
Best Solar Panels - Save With Solar Power Electricity
Are you looking for cheap solar panels? Saving on solar panels is possible, and you can get them cheap. The advice contained in this article will make all the difference, and allow you to save a lot of money.
When you look at powering your home with solar power technology, you will find that you need to invest some money into this.
The cheaper you can get parts, the quicker you can make a return on investment. So, finding cheap solar power panels is a great idea.
When you consider the options, this is the best, and for many reasons. The first reason is that the store saves money. They don't need so many sales staff, and further, they don't need to have expensive retail space.
As such, you can be sure to save a lot of money!
How to Install Solar Panels
Solar panel installation requires careful thought and careful planning. You can't just throw the panel up anywhere and hope for the best. They need to be placed where they will provide the maximum effect, thereby giving you the maximum return on investment. Photovoltaic panels rely on the light of the sun for their power. The sun travels across the sky each day and is never in one spot for very long. This means that your solar panel installation needs to take the sun's path across the sky very much into account.
The most common place for photovoltaic panel installation is on the roof of a house or building. This is where the sun's rays hit first, and where they are most likely to strike throughout the day as there is usually little if any interference between the sun and the building roof. There are two possible way of installing the photovoltaic's on a roof. They can be installed as panels directly on to the existing roof structure, or they can be the actual roof can be converted into an array of solar panels that are an integral part of the roof.
Conclusion Solar panel installation is a job best left to the experts. They are familiar with all the various problems you are likely to encounter, and they generally have all the answers too. There are many factors to take into account when installing solar panels, things like the average sunlight your location receives over a year, the degree of damage causing winds likely to be experienced every year, and whether the best place for installing the panels can provide enough energy. Photovoltaic panel installation is not particularly difficult to do, but a professional will always do it best.