Introduction to Solar Panel Installation Haverhill
Installing solar panels at your home allows you to cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentives scheme and reduce your energy bills by 50%.
In This Guide:
- How does solar energy work?
- Solar Panel Installation
- What are the pros and cons?
- Residential solar panel information
- Can I get solar panels for my business?
How Does Solar Energy Work?
Solar panels require light, not heat, so work well in the Haverhill climate, and they still produce energy in cloudy conditions. Solar PV cells turn light from the sun into DC electricity and then an inverter is used to convert this into AC electricity. The electricity is then fed into your home through a meter for you to power your appliances.
The free electricity is automatically used in your property when there is demand for electricity. During periods where the supply from the solar panels exceeds demand, the spare electricity is sold back to the grid. Electricity from the grid will still be used during periods, such as night time, where energy demand exceeds the amount being generated by the solar panels.
By powering your home with free electricity from the solar panels, you should expect to save around 50% on your energy bills.
Solar Panel Installation
An increasing number of Haverhill homeowners and businesses are installing solar panels to significantly reduce energy bills and cash in on the California solar initiative scheme.
Whilst the solar initiative scheme has reduced over the last few years, so too has the cost of installing solar panels. This means solar panels still deliver a healthy return on investment. Solar energy storage is also helping to increase the return on investment.
Installation of solar panels is relatively quick; most domestic solar installations can be completed in just one day. Once you have decided to install solar panels, you will want to compare quotes from at least two or three accredited solar companies Haverhill to ensure you are getting the best deal.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Energy
- Cash in on the Masachusetts solar incentive scheme – If you install solar panels using an accredited installer you will be eligible for for the solar incentive scheme which pays you up to $8,080 over 20 years for producing renewable energy.
- Reduce energy bills – Installing solar panels will also allow you to reduce your energy bills by around 50% as you can use the electricity generated by the solar panels to power your property’s appliances free of charge.
- Protect from rising energy bills – As well as reducing your energy bills, solar panels will also protect you from rising energy costs. Over the next 20 years, energy bills are expected to increase significantly so powering your home with free electricity will limit the impact rising energy costs will have on your household’s budget.
- Environmentally friendly – Solar panels produce renewable energy so will help significantly reduce your environmental impact. By installing solar panels you can reduce your CO2 output by up to 40 tonnes over 25 years.
- High initial cost – Although you can expect a strong return on investment from solar panels, installing them requires a large payment upfront to pay for the solar panels. Solar panels can cost between $2,500 and $9,000.
- Requires space – Solar panels require adequate space on a roof that is shade free. Some properties may not have a big enough roof to install the desired size of solar panel system. That said, most homes in Haverhill are suitable for solar panels so this shouldn’t be an issue for most.
Residential Solar Panels Information
Most homes in Haverhill are suitable for solar panels; around 10 – 12 million homes are classified as ‘very suitable’ yet only around 500,000 have them currently. If you have a South, West, or East facing roof that is angled between 10 and 60 degrees, solar panels are likely to generate a significant amount of electricity.
Most homes don’t need to get planning permission for solar panels unless it’s a listed building or located in a conservation area. It’s always worth checking with your installer if you are unsure.
The Massachusetts solar incentive scheme makes installing solar panels a lucrative investment, with homeowners able to earn up to $8,080 tax free for producing solar power. The average domestic property will require a solar panel sized between 1kW and 4kW, which typically costs between $2,500 and $9,000.
Can I get solar panels for my business?
Solar panels can be a wise investment for businesses; they allow them to power their office with free energy, reduce their energy bills, cash in on the Massachusetts solar incentive scheme and show their customers that they are environmentally friendly.
Whilst the solar incentive scheme has reduced over the last few years, the cost of solar panels has also reduced. This means businesses can still expect a healthy return on investment by installing solar panels at their premises.
Large scale solar projects provide the opportunity to make significant earnings for the owners and power many thousands of homes. Typical commercial solar projects are located in open fields or on top of large buildings, such as warehouses or factories.
For more information on solar power installation Essex
Best Solar Panels - Basic Info and International Survey Results
Climate change and rising energy prices have a lot of people rethinking how to power their homes. But if you've ever gotten a quote from a solar power installer you know that a system designed especially for your building can be costly. Do the benefits outweigh the outlay?
What are the benefits?
- No more electric bills. Once you get your system going, you'll supply all your electric needs from the sun, a free renewable resource. Depending on your current cost of electric power, and the future increases in the cost of that power, most people will regain their initial investment in anywhere from 12-25 years.
- Sun Power is clean. Solar Power is carbon neutral and does not pollute the air nor the water while generating your electrical power. Solar Power does not cause radioactive fallout, nor cancer, nor genetic mutations. Every home taken off the grid and powered with solar energy helps reverse the effects of climate change, and helps to ensure a clean and green planet for our grandchildren.
- Battery Backups insulate you from Electric Grid Outages. Providing you've opted for at least some battery storage, you will still have power if the grid goes out. This could save a bundle on freezer food alone! It will also ensure that your furnace will continue to run if it requires electricity to regulate it.
- Photovoltaic Panels increase your Property Value. If you decide to sell your property you'll find that your solar panel system will make your home much more attractive and valuable to prospective buyers, resulting in a quicker and more profitable sale.
There are also ways to save a bunch of money if you are very handy and can follow instructions well. Purchasing broken solar panels and rebuilding them into your own system can net you a very cheap system. This is a time consuming task, but can result in a great system for a considerably smaller cash outlay.
Where can I find out more?
Cost of Solar Panels
Solar panels are by far the most popular method of generating electricity for domestic use. Thousands of people are taking advantage of this technology. For many the option of building their own solar power panels has been just beyond their reach, but this is not longer the case.
Anyone with a little handyman experience will be able to produce excellent solar energy panels that are of a professional standard and will produce as much energy as the prefabricated ones. Calculating the costs of building your own makes the investment all the more viable.
If you are paying in the region of $.12 per watt usage per month, then it will take you some time to recover your initial investment.
The Average Cost of Building Your Solar Panels?
Building your panels will cost in the region of $2.20 per watt before incentives and $1.40 after. By building your own panels, you are also able to build them at a pace that you can afford and can install them yourself to reduce your costs further.